Wednesday, September 26, 2007

MANIFESTO: Toronto


MANIFESTO! Hip Hop History has been made!

MANIFESTO:
A Toronto based event spanning 4 days, containing 8 events featuring over 85 Toronto Hip Hop Artists! This event was jam-packed with workshops, break-dancing, beat boxing and live hip-hop performances from all my favorite Toronto hip-hop artists!

History was made and i was proudly there to witness it. The Sunday night event had all my favorite Toronto Hip-Hop Artists preforming along side with each other for the first time ever in history; preforming a "Live Mixtape".

ARTISTS:
Maestro, Michie Mee, Saukrates, Dream Warriors, Choclair, Dan-e-o, Tara Chase, Brassmunk, Eternia, Daetona, Rochester and Kamau.

The concert was without a doubt the best hip-hop performance I've ever seen or attended and I hope they will bring it back again next year! Craziest part about this jam-packed event was that it was totally free! (Though I'd defiantly pay to see that again.)

I got the the opportunity to have a little talk with Saukrates. I asked him how long it took everyone to put this live mixtape together and he said they pretty much just winged it.

No comments:

Total Pageviews